Wednesday, May 2, 2007

I am Not A Morning Person

I have just come to realize more and more that I’m not a morning person. My definition of a morning person is, feeling energetic, creative, refresh and doing work in the morning. It’s been what, one and half years ago since I graduated and I have been working a 9 to 5 job in the office since.

Now one would expect anyone who needs to wake up 7, 8 o’clock in the morning for the past 300+ days would probably get used to it by now. Yeah that was what I thought, “I will probably get used to it as time passes.” But it has been so long, and I still struggle to be a morning person.

This is how I come to realize that I am not a Morning Person

I was out partying hard, and I mean hard on Saturday night. One of my friends owns the bar, so cheap booze was available all night. Among a group of us, we finished about 5 bottles of spirits, we were just constantly drinking drinking and drinking. I got home about 5 o’clock in the morning and went to bed straight away.

For no particular reason, I woke up at 9AM, and I couldn’t get back to sleep anymore. I then continue lying on the bed hoping to get more sleep. I turned side to side, changing every position anyone could think of just to get my self to sleep. The more I moved, the more I couldn’t get back to sleep. At the end, I gave up trying to sleep anymore, I dreaded my self for a “fresh” new day.

I went out to do my usual weekend activities, e.g. lunching, coffee, shopping. I was already feeling extremely tired when afternoon came. By around 5,6,7 in the evening, my eyes and my mortally was basically half than usual.

I have no idea why, when the sun set and after dinner, around 9 10 o’clock., I felt normal again. I felt like doing work, I felt like my energy of the day just started. I can be up all night doing what normal people does at daytime. Even thought I have slept only 4 hours the night before, I don’t feel a slight tiredness during night time. Why? I asked my self. And I still can’t figure out why.

Is there a scientific explanation for my symptom??

I can pretty confident to say that most bloggers ARE NOT A MORNING PERSON EITHER…
Challenge: Next time when you see a post by a blogger, look at the time!

No comments: