Thursday, March 27, 2008

Bakkwa the visit

Bakkwa, or rougan (Dried Pork) is a Chinese salty-sweet dried meat product similar to jerky, made in the form of flat thin sheets. They are popular especially during the chinese new year.
While in Malaysia, I had a “special“ privilege to visit the "factory" of a famous Bakkwa.
Was surprise to see only two full timer bbq’er needed to produce state wide demands of bakkwa especially during CNY.
Tons of tons of BAKKWA.
Have to admit, the standard of hygienic are not really up to scratch, but the visit didn’t prevent me from stop eating bakkwa. Gotta block out the company name
(Don't sue me ah)Oh yeah, I love beer to go with some bakkwa and a couple of friends.
That’s life.
Note: Trust me! if you're a srwkian, ur eating this particular brand of rougan! it's that famous!!

No comments: